Masturdating on a solocation at Leeuwenhof



Solocation: Going on vacation by yourself - Urban dictionary. 

There are so many reasons I can give you as to why you deserve a solocation but the one that stands out is this: Because you deserve nice things. I could also give you so many reasons to visit my home province of Limpopo, but what other way to experience what my home has to offer than a bush weekend right?

Let me share with you one of my favourite little luxury hideouts for my solocation. Remember I am #Thesolowanderer so I do wander alone. this is also fantastic for a romantic getaway with your human. 

The gravel road to the lodge.

Modimolle is a small town in the Limpopo Province, just 2 and a half hours drive from Johannesburg. The economy here is mostly about agriculture and farming as well as wildlife and tourism. You are not going to have much cellphone reception in this area which makes it perfect. 

My solocation destination in Modimolle is the Leeuwenhof Country Lodge and spa

Since there is no cellphone reception at the lodge, I was here to eat, be pampered at the spa, sip some chardonnay - and loads of it, read a book and reconnect with nature. Did I mention I was here to be fed? The lodge has a fully stocked bar and the bar area is the only place where there is wifi connection. Only in the bar. Which is perfect because no one is here to check their emails or get a tinder date. 

Here is a photo series of how to Solocation and Masturdate like a Bauss!

Whats Masturdating you may be wondering... Well, that's when you take yourself out on a date. This is me taking myself to the bushes for a weekend of pampering. 




Dinner for One 😍🤩 A perfect Chardonnay, Caprisse salad, fire place after a long day of driving. I have never had a masseuse who was not shocked at how knotted I get. I'm always so happy and friendly they dont think I get stressed. I got a full body massage earlier and I feel light as a leaf. This is my #HowToLoveYourself 101 tutorial. Pay attention: 1. Run away from the city. 2. Go anywhere where there is no cellphone reception except wifi and only at the Bar. 3. Leave your laptop. Bring gangloads of books to read. 4. Connect w nature and forget the whole world 5. Go back to your life feeling like a superhero cos honestly, you are a superhero. I'm getting pampered at Leeuwenhof Country Lodge and Garden Spa in Modimolle. The views 🤩😍 Also Goodnight cos you guys dont exist tonight till tomorrow when I'm done being pampered and loving myself in the most extra way I know how 😝😝😝 #breakingborders #thesolowanderer #meetsouthafrica
A post shared by Katchie Nzama (@thesolowandera) on


Our first course: Caprese salad
A simple Italian salad made with Sliced tomato, cucumber and mozzarella cheese balls drizzled with balsamic and olive oil dressing. 


Main course: Medium rare steak on a bed of thinly sliced crunchy potato fries


Dessert: Lemon Cheesecake - My childhood favorite dessert.


There are different types of accommodation at Leeuwenhof. From Cottages to Luxury tents.
each accommodation unit is secluded and very private. The game roams free on the property so the wildebeest and ostrich will be regular visitors.

The cottages are one bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and bathtub. There is a living room with a TV and a few DSTV channels.

The majestic cottage bedroom. 
Each unit has an outdoor private Jacuzzi.



Dinner for One 😍🤩 A perfect Chardonnay, Caprisse salad, fire place after a long day of driving. I have never had a masseuse who was not shocked at how knotted I get. I'm always so happy and friendly they dont think I get stressed. I got a full body massage earlier and I feel light as a leaf. This is my #HowToLoveYourself 101 tutorial. Pay attention: 1. Run away from the city. 2. Go anywhere where there is no cellphone reception except wifi and only at the Bar. 3. Leave your laptop. Bring gangloads of books to read. 4. Connect w nature and forget the whole world 5. Go back to your life feeling like a superhero cos honestly, you are a superhero. I'm getting pampered at Leeuwenhof Country Lodge and Garden Spa in Modimolle. The views 🤩😍 Also Goodnight cos you guys dont exist tonight till tomorrow when I'm done being pampered and loving myself in the most extra way I know how 😝😝😝 #breakingborders #thesolowanderer #meetsouthafrica
A post shared by Katchie Nzama (@thesolowandera) on

Locals going about their daily lives
The luxury tents are also very secluded. The jacuzzi is on the outside deck together with an outdoor shower. the deck overlooks a small river that runs through the forest.
There are no TV sets in the luxury tents. The only sound that exists in these parts will be nature and your very own breathing.

The tented luxury tent

the bedroom

Sitting area
This is my most favourite part of this lodge. Imagine being secluded in nature and then going on a picnic with your human and the picnic site is in a small shrubby bush. the lodge can cater for your picnic at your request. the picnic site has a bed that will get made up for you.
I also recommend Leeuwenhof if you would like to make babies. Imagine being in a moment where the whole world doesn't exist and your only concern is to make a baby.

The picnic site
It is well shaded in the summer and spring months.
And when this perfect weekend is unfolding, there is no cellphone reception, there is no connection to the outside world. why wouldn't you want to run away from adulting for a few days and escape into nature?

Go get pampered, you know you deserve nice things. 

Contact the Lodge to find out their current specials. 

x0x0
#TheSoloWanderer